Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I Hate Being Sick...

My girls came home from school sniffling about two days before they got off for Christmas break.

I knew it was a recipe for disaster.

I'm not hyper-clean, I don't freak out when my kids or my dogs track mud into the house or leave muddy handprints on the outside of my back door (I actually kind of like the handprints and thought about having the girls recreate them in paint), but when someone gets sick, I'm fully armed with Clorox wipes and disinfectant spray.


I used to work in daycare and Pre-K, so I know how fast those nasty little germies spread.  I constantly clean doorknobs and door jams, the backs of chairs, the undersides of tables - all those places that kiddos stick their grubby little fingers and we generally overlook while cleaning.

When I worked in Pre-K, this tactic worked.  I once spared my class from the great flu outbreak of 2010, by scrubbing and disinfecting every single surface my kiddos touched, urging them to wash hands constantly, and catching boogies escaping from little noses before the kiddos had a chance to smear them all over their sleeves.
 
Shop Amazon - New Year New You

At home, it doesn't work so much.  I don't know if I've sanitized so much that the little buggers are immune, or if my kids have just managed to find new ways to spread their germs.  I imagine now that the cleaning products I use have somehow been morphed into some kind of sustenance for the germs, a la Dinosaurs:


So now Levi and I are sick, and my girls are back to their normal, healthy selves.  I'm glad my girls are over it, don't get me wrong, but this being sick business is miserable. 

I'm off to the couch to sip green tea and watch the Croods with my girls.  Hope everyone else out there feels a hundred times better than I do!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment